- Sattler D.F., V. LeMay and P. Marshall., Estimating natural regeneration in stands following attack by mountain pine beetle using a linked-model approach. Paper presented at the IUFRO Crown models and simulation methods conference. Portland, OR, August 6 to 10, 2007.
- Zumrawi, A.-A., V. M. LeMay, and P.L. Marshall. , PrognosisBC: An adaptation of a single tree model to southeastern British Columbia. Popular Summary. Presented at Complex Stand Structures and Associated Dynamics: Measurement Indices and Modelling Approaches. July 29 to Aug. 2, 2007, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Ontario Forest Research Institute, Forest Research Information Paper 167. pp. 81-82.
- Marshall, P.L., T.Lee, and K. Day. , Height and DBH growth following thinning in uneven-aged Douglas-fir stands. Popular Summary. Presented at Complex Stand Structures and Associated Dynamics: Measurement Indices and ModellingApproaches. July 29 to Aug. 2, 2007, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Ontario Forest Research Institute, Forest Research Information Paper 167. pp. 28-29.
- LeMay V., Discussion of the distance metric of nearest neighbour analysis as a measure of imputation accuracy. Presented at the IUFRO 2nd international nearest neighbors workshop. Florence, Italy, July 5 -7, 2007.
- Temesgen H., V. LeMay, G. Latta, and T. Barrett., Comparison of nearest neighbor imputation methods for estimating frequency of cavity trees for western Oregon forests. Presented at the IUFRO 2nd international nearest neighbors workshop.Florence, Italy, July 5 -7, 2007.
- LeMay V., H. Temesgen, A-A. Zumrawi, P.L. Marshall, Ingrowth and mortality in partially cut complex stands of South-Eastern BC, and extensions to MPB-affected stands of Central BC. Presented at the “Complex Stand Research and Management Conference”, Smithers, BC. February 19-20, 2007.
- Marshall, P.L., P. Parysow, and S. Akindele,Evaluating growth models: A Case Study Using PrognosisBC. Presentatedat the Third Forest Vegetation Simulator Conference. Feb. 13-15, Fort Collins, CO. USDA For. Serv. Gen. Tech. Rep. (In Press). 2007.
- Marshall, Sattler, D., V. LeMay, and P. Marshall ,Estimating natural regeneration in mountain pine beetle (MPB) affected stands using Sortie/ND and PrognosisBC. Presentated at the Third Forest Vegetation Simulator Conference. Feb. 13-15, Fort Collins, CO. USDA For. Serv. Gen. Tech. Rep. (In Press) 2007.
- Taehee (Terry) Lee, P. Marshall, V. LeMay and A-A. Zumrawi, gave a presentation titled Estimating Natural Regeneration Following Mountain Pine Beetle Attacks in British Columbia Using Nearst Neighbour Analyses at the IUFRO 2006 Nearest neighbour Workshop: Meeting in the Middle, University of Minnesota Minneapolis, MN, August 28 to 30, 2006.
- LeMay V, J.Maedel and N. Coops, gave a presentation titled Estimating Stand Strucutre Using Ground Data, Forest Cover Polygons, and Landsat Imagery at the IUFRO 2006 Nearest neighbour Workshop: Meeting in the Middle, University of Minnesota Minneapolis, MN, August 28 to 30, 2006.
- LeMay V. and W. Kurz., Estimating carbon stocks and stock changes in forests: linking models and data across scales. Presented at the IUFRO Div. 4 2006 International metting Manageing Forest Ecosystems: The challenges of climate change, April 3 to 7, 2006, Palencia, Spain. [Invited presentation].
- LeMay V., From leaves to landscapes. Presentation to UBC Faculty of Forestry, March 16, 2006.
- Akindele, S.O., A-A Zumrawi, P. Marshall, and V. LeMay., Development of the PrognosisBC growth and yield simulator in the southern and central BC: Model validation, BC SISCO, 2006.
- LeMay V., and H. Temesgen, Nearest neighbor methods for imputing missing data within and across scales. Invited presentations at the “Evaluation of quantitative techniques for deriving national scale data for assessing and mapping risk workshop? Denver, CO, July 26-28, 2005. Extended abstract and powerpoint presentation in Proceedings, pp 119-144, USDA FHTET-2005-12, September, 2005.
- Suratman M.N., G. Bull, D. Leckie, V. LeMay, and P. Marshall. 2005. , Linking between policies and land use/cover change as detected by Landsat TM in Malaysia. Paper presented at Session 127 the XXII IUFRO WORLD CONGRESS Brisbane, Australia, August 8 to 14, 2005. [Abstract in Proceedings].
- LeMay V. and H.Temesgen, a professor at UBC, Canada and a professor at Oregon State University USA, gave a presentation titled Nearest Neighbor Methods for Imputing Missing Data Within and Across Scales (Presentation & Abstract) at the “Evaluation of quantitative techniques for deriving National scale data for assessing and mapping risk workshop”, Denver, CO, July 26-28, 2005.
- Zumrawi A-A., V. LeMay, and P.L. Marshall., PrognosisBC: Model and current research. Presented at Growth and Yield Models for Central and NE BC, Prince George, BC, June 29, 2005.
- Akindele S., a visiting professor from the Federal University of Technology of Akure in Nigeria, gave a seminar titled Modeling Tropical Forest Data in Nigeria- the Challenges at the Warnell School of Forest Resources, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, USA on May 11, 2005.
- LeMay, V. and C. Staudhammer. , Indices of stand structural diversity: mixing discrete, continuous, and spatial variables.Presented at the IUFRO Sustainable Forestry in Theory & Practice: Recent Advances in Inventory & Monitoring, Statistics & Monitoring, Information & Knowledge Mangement, and Policy Science. University of Edinburgh, April 5 to 8, 2005. 22 pp.
- Akindele S., a visiting professor from the Federal University of Technology of Akure in Nigeria, gave a presentation titled Forestry Practice in Nigeria: An Overview at the Center for Advanced Wood Processing (CAWP) on March 18, 2005.
- Akindele S., a visiting professor from the Federal University of Technology of Akure in Nigeria, gave a presentation titled Forest Measurement in the Tropical Rain Forests of Nigeria to UBC FRST339 students on March 4, 2005.
- LeMay V., P. Marshall and A. Zingg, professors at UBC Canada and Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL, gave presentation tiled Switzerland Measurement and Analysis Issues for Complex Stands (Presentation & Abstract) at the 2nd International Conferenece on Forest Measurements and Quantitative Methods and Management and the 2044 SouthernMensurationists Meeting, Hot Springs, Arkansas, June 15 to 18, 2004.
- LeMay V., professor at UBC, gave a presentation titled Brief Overview of Foresty and Information Issues in Canada on October 2004, when she was visiting the University of Stellenbosh in South Africa.
Posters presented at XXII IUFRO WORLD CONGRESS Brisbane, Australia, August 8 to 14, 2005
Measurement and Analysis Issues for Complex Stands of British Columbia, Canada
Valerie LeMay, PhD and Nick Smith, PhD
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Response of Uneven-aged Interior Douglas-fir to Different Thinning Regimes: 11-year Results
Taehee(Terry) Lee,Peter Marshall and Ken Day
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Thinning to Obtain Stand Structures for Mule Deer Winter Habitat
Peter Marshall, Ken Day and Dalyce Dobson
Contact: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Predicting Time-Since-Fire Using Forest Inventory Data: A Case Study in the Boreal Forest of Saskatchewan, Canada
Rueben Schulz, Peter Marshall, and Valerie LeMay
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org